Dose is a fast-growing data-driven media company uniquely at the intersection of social and broadcast. Our team of writers, storytellers, video producers, designers and curators craft compelling stories for a digital-first audience. Our proprietary technology discovers what content resonates across social platforms to maximize engagement.
We have some of the best talent in the industry and are looking to add to it.
This new Designer role is responsible for creating and developing compelling shareable design assets that will resonate on targeted social platforms. This role works with a talented team of writers and editors to produce content that is highly relevant to Dose's social presence and the new dose morning broadcast show. You’ll use a creative and data-driven approach to optimize social engagement. As a data-driven creative, you’ll balance your skills of interpreting social data and a strong grasp of what great social packaging looks like.
This is a critical go-to role to cover the evening and Sunday hours in order to deliver fresh, trending content for the next morning’s broadcast.
This role is expected to work core hours of Sunday noon- 8pm and Monday - Thursday 4pm - 10/11pm.
- Research and source design content across social platforms
- Conceive and produce images and other design assets that will be used for Dose social distribution and the morning dose broadcast
- Create illustrations, thumbnails, header images, infographics, video shorts, and other design projects
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the Design team and across the Content team
- Maintain excellent relationships with Dose's editors, writers, and creative directors
- Design within the scope of the brand and maintain consistent design approaches
- Make a difference with your design skills and creativity
- Ensure design assets are finalized and approved before 11pm deadline for broadcast submission
- You have a degree in Design
- You are a social junky - you have a strong sense of social content and understand social content packaging. You understand viral content and what goes into creating it
- You are versatile and work at a fast pace while maintaining consistency and excellence
- You are always up to date with trends in design and illustration on social platforms
- You are entrenched in the digital space
- You have intimate knowledge of industry tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ideally, you have After Effects expertise
- You have a portfolio that would make us jealous
- You have a self-starting nature and ability to work both independently and effectively with a team
- You have the ability and willingness to reliably work core hours of evenings and Sundays
Why work with Dose?
- Well-funded, fast-growing creative company
- Excellent benefits package
- $100/month towards wellness activities
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Progressive work culture
- Shiny new Macbook Air or Pro
- Surround yourself with some of the smartest people in the industry
- A chance to make a difference