Dose is a fast-growing media and branded content company behind Dose and OMGFacts. Our team of writers, storytellers, video producers, animators and curators craft compelling stories for a digital-first audience. Our proprietary technology discovers what content resonates across social platforms to maximize engagement.
We’re looking for a software engineer in our Chicago headquarters to build and further evolve our suite of ad tech products which includes our unique client-facing testing technology which predicts campaign performance. You’ll have the opportunity to impact and innovate as we continue to evolve our product offerings within the social and digital landscape.
You'll have the freedom to use whatever languages, frameworks, libraries, or tools you need. You will constantly be working towards a more efficient and effective development process that minimizes the mundane and redundant, freeing more of your time to work on the interesting and challenging problems that haven’t already been solved by others.
Sound exciting? If so, we'd love to talk.
About the job
- Develop and maintain well tested code
- Learn new technologies to creatively solve
- Work with the Product team to build the roadmap and ensure prioritization
- Execute on product initiatives with the goal of effective technology infrastructure and deliverables
- Ensure tickets are effectively resolved when assigned
- Troubleshoot network and end-user issues for the Dose offices
- Be inspired by an environment that will challenge you to do your best work
- You have developed web applications
- You have experience with document oriented databases (MongoDB)
- Ideally, you have worked with Docker (and a container orchestration tool such as Rancher)
- It is a plus if you have worked with Node, Vue.js, or Parse Server
- It is a big plus if you have worked in an ad tech environment or understand digital publishing and social distribution
- It is an even bigger plus if you have worked with Facebook ad manager and API
- You are self-motivated and enjoy a smaller entrepreneurial environment
Why work at Dose?
- Well-funded, fast-growing creative company
- Excellent benefits package
- $100/month towards wellness activities
- Napping room equipped with a Millennium Falcon Bed
- Endless supply of in-office snacks and drinks
- Four weeks paid vacation
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Progressive work culture
- Shiny new Macbook Air or Pro
- Surround yourself with some of the smartest people in the industry